Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior (6 years)
Nice to have
About the position
Founded by the creators of Fortmatic, Magic is a Web3 infrastructure company that empowers developers to create seamless and secure user onboarding experiences, abstracting away the complexities of blockchain technology. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
To date, Magic has enabled more than 110K developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to the Web3 ecosystem — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by leading NFT marketplaces such as Immutable, Niftys, OpenSea, Decentraland and major enterprise Web2 companies alike.
If you are excited to make Web3 accessible and help onboard the next billion users, let’s chat!
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Senior DevOps Engineer to join the growing Infrastructure team at Magic. The ideal candidate has the aptitude and passion to become a master of Magic’s product capabilities and underlying technologies. As a Senior DevOps Engineer. At Magic, you'll spearhead and partner with amazing engineers, while taking complete ownership of your work. You will flow seamlessly between building out solutions to improving deployment processes, operations procedures and system metrics tracking to building out core backend systems, kick-ass features, and intuitive/performant APIs. We need a high-performing engineering consultant to help our customers improve their software delivery. This person will solve challenges with many different technologies and work closely with our customers, as well as Magic’s internal departments.
Magic fully operates in a public cloud environment (AWS). We heavily adopt infrastructure-as-code (IaC) philosophy. We believe in automating infrastructure and operations to scale. System imperfections, and inefficiencies is the Bane to your Batman, and pragmatism is your north star.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
- Provide solutions to customer challenges: The primary responsibility of this role is to understand the goals of our customers and to help them create solutions. Success in this role is marked by a strong focus on the customer and solving customer challenges. You will learn the customers' pain points and work collaboratively with the customer, Magic team members, and potentially the open-source community to find solutions.
- Own the architecture and development of system components to improve monitoring, alerting and stability with compliance and security in mind.
- Build upon the foundation of the existing infrastructure to support and enhance the productivity of the entire engineering team in San Francisco, Denver and Toronto
- Collaborate with other engineers to optimize CI/CD pipelines
- Ensure we are on the cutting edge features in the public cloud (AWS, GCP & Cloudflare are a plus)
- Develop internal SLOs and SLIs to drive system reliability and to support external SLAs
- Design and build backend systems that powers the Magic experience
- Building and improving our APIs so that they are as scalable, performant, intuitive as can be
We are looking for someone who has:
- 6-8 years of DevOps experience working in a public cloud environment (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure, CloudFlare)
- Expert in containerization technologies (K8s and Docker)
- Experience in building and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, AWS codePipeline/codeBuild or similar
- Hands-on DevOps experience in the production environment with deep knowledge of modern SRE skills and concepts (Monitoring, SLAs, Observability, Automation, etc.)
- Production experience in system design, networking and virtual cloud implementation
- Production experience with Hashicorp products (Terraform, Vault, etc.)
- Production experience with ansible.
- Proficient in shell scripting and Python or Go
- Have experience in blockchain node management (Ethereum, Bitcoin and similar)
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience in monitoring tools (Splunk, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana.)
- Have worked with serverless stack (FaaS)
- Have a startup personality and mentality: smart, hardworking, productive, team player, integrity, can execute under pressure
Technologies that we are currently using include React, Python, MySQL, Redis, Docker, K8s (EKS), AWS, HashiCorp (Vault/Terraform), etc. We are deeply driven by the agile development principles. We are looking for people who share the same philosophy, perform under pressure and are comfortable with frequent change requests.
Magic is fully remote, though we would prefer this role specifically to be in a timezone where we can have more hours overlap with the North American team members due to the need for frequent communication and collaboration. #LI-Remote
At Magic, we're looking for team players with passion, empathy, perseverance, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply to this position, even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your talent and merits will stand out. At Magic, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge assumptions and the status-quo.
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top of the line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- Annual team meetups
At Magic, we believe building a team full of diverse perspectives and experiences is vital to success. We strongly encourage anyone who has been historically under-represented in tech to apply for this role. Magic does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, citizenship status, age or physical ability. Empathy, authenticity, and inclusivity are at the core of all we do.
Posted 2 months ago