Senior (3 years)
Nice to have
About the position
Founded by the creators of Fortmatic, Magic is a Web3 infrastructure company that empowers developers to create seamless and secure user onboarding experiences, abstracting away the complexities of blockchain technology. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
To date, Magic has enabled more than 91,000 developers and enterprises to onboard over 10 million users to the Web3 ecosystem — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by leading NFT marketplaces such as Immutable, Niftys, OpenSea, Decentraland and major enterprise Web2 companies alike.
If you are excited to make Web3 accessible and help onboard the next billion users, let’s chat!
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Counsel to own the legal function at Magic. This is an exceptional opportunity to provide leadership and partnership to a company on the frontiers of its next big growth leap. Experience working in house in a commercially focused legal role in a high growth SaaS business is required. This role will report to the COO.
- Draft, review, redline and negotiate SaaS subscription licensing agreements , EULA, and ToS agreements. Draft subscription and licensing agreements.
- Possess an understanding of data protection and privacy regimes and other regulations impacting the business, and the ability to translate that understanding into SaaS and commercial contract negotiations.
- Help build and improve contract templates and negotiation playbooks and provide internal training to sales and other go-to-market team members to create a frictionless customer contracting experience.Draft SaaS, EULAs, and ToS agreements.
- Become an expert in Magic's product platform, security, operations and offerings to offer practical and strategic counseling related to sales contracts. Develop strong relationships with the Sales team and operate as a business partner to close deals.Resolve data privacy issues related to SaaS agreements.
- Develop and drive comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk and business objectives, creating efficiencies in the customer acquisition and onboarding processes.
- Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities to centralize knowledge and create scalable processes to expedite communication, alignment, and execution.
- Negotiate deals with third-party vendors related to uptime, responsiveness, support, customized software builds, data infrastructure, intellectual property, security, and more.
- Ensure operational and legal compliance.
- 3-5 years (mid-level to senior associate) of Big Law (top 100 firms) IP technical transactions experience (IP litigation does not count towards this)
- Enterprise SaaS commercial and sales contract expertise
- Deep experience and understanding of SDK / API tech
- Firm targets: Wilson Sonsini, Fenwick & West, Gunderson & Cooley
- Top tier law schools: Harvard, Yale, and Stanford
- Web3 experience
- Crypto experience
- Competitive compensation package.
- Unlimited vacation.
- 99% paid medical, dental & vision insurance.
- 401K retirement benefit.
- Fully remote and distributed team with opportunities to meet in person at company events.
- Home office, wellness & professional development monthly stipend.
Posted 2 months ago